Gain greater control over risk factors with custom safety consulting
For decades, Gallagher Bassett has helped organizations develop, implement, and monitor successful safety and loss control programs that help establish effective, long-term safety cultures and limit the impact and cost of risk.
Our experienced consultants work collaboratively with clients to understand their organizations' unique needs and explore the most impactful solutions. The results are tailored programs that proactively manage losses resulting from employee injuries and accidents, as well as other liability exposures, while upholding our clients' values for employee safety, operational efficiency, and fiscal responsibility.
With more than 80 consultants and associates located throughout the U.S., we provide services to more than 700 organizations at more than 2,700 nationwide locations. We have a full array of programs available, including, but not limited to:
- Regulatory compliance consulting
- Safety program development
- Safety and technical training
- Evaluations/assessments of the physical environment
- Ergonomic studies
- Hazard identification.
Collaboration between consultants and clients is the key to success
Our team of safety and risk control consultants, along with a network of preferred providers, are highly educated senior risk control advisors with professional industry designations. They are knowledgeable in all facets of risk control, have many years of experience, and are able to provide the insights essential to creating manageable and responsive risk control programs.
Consultants are assigned to projects based on the unique needs of the client and the specific background and practice area of the consultant. Action plans are developed in partnership with management and employees to target the client's specific business needs. Once programs are in place, we provide follow-up analysis and support.
Consultants work within agreed-upon objectives like the examples below.
Evaluate historic losses to pinpoint causes and remedies
- Examine claims data
- Review OSHA logs
- Review safety policies and procedures.
Assess the environment to reduce potential accidents and injury
- Observe the workforce in the physical environment
- Identify potential hazards
- Implement self-inspection procedures to prevent loss.
Change workplace behavior to promote health and safety
- Address behaviors that lead to injuries
- Support employee and supervisor training.
Examine data and trends to stay ahead of future issues
- Monitor claims data for opportunities for continuous program improvements
- Decrease accidents, reduce costs, and increase productivity.
Types of loss control services available include:
- Comprehensive risk evaluation
- Hazard surveys
- Loss analysis/benchmarking studies
- Federal and state OSHA compliance audits
- Property/liability assessment services
- Scored program audits
- Ergonomic risk evaluation
- Safety program evaluation
- Underwriting risk assessments.
- Safety management manuals
- Employee safety handbooks
- Policy and procedure development
- Fleet safety manuals
- Safety and risk control guidelines.
- Risk control consulting visits
- Employee training and education
- Job observation and hazard analysis
- Target location/special emphasis programs.
- Customized training packages
- Online training
- Self-inspection/hazard awareness
- OSHA 10-hour general industry program
- Newsletters/bulletins/safety posters
- Supervisory training and development.
- 24/7 access to loss control programs
- Customized web platform, including name, logo, policies, procedures, forms, and message board
- Online training modules
- Document resource system
- Employment practices liability resource
- Property appraisal values database.
Make Gallagher Bassett your partner for loss control
Whatever your safety concern is, we have a qualified advisor to help you solve it. We support our clients with more than 80 consultants nationwide, backed by more than 50 years of professional safety experience in all major industries.