Limit the impact of cyber events with a tailored, effective response
In our constantly evolving technological landscape, all organizations — regardless of size — are at an increased risk for experiencing a potentially damaging cyber-related event. The expanded use of mobile devices, bring-your-own device programs, and cloud storage, coupled with an increase in remote work environments, have made it more challenging for organizations to protect data and provide effective cybersecurity.
While we might think of cyber incidents in terms of big data breaches or ransomware attacks that grab news headlines, the most common cybersecurity incidents tend to involve phishing scams, social engineering, malicious code, unauthorized access, or system failures.
At Gallagher Bassett, we recognize the significant exposure these cyber-related events can represent to our clients, their customers, and their business partners. Our team of cyber claims professionals manages these exposures — from the release of confidential information to business interruption and credit disruption — and helps clients navigate the complexities involved when an event occurs.
Solution for insurance carriers and self-insured organizations
Gallagher Bassett has developed an end-to-end solution for self-insured organizations and insurance companies. Our process starts with pre-event planning — a consulting project to understand the requirements and document the claim process — that includes working with our clients to:
- Prepare for likely or potential events
- Determine claim scenarios
- Develop claim instructions
- Prepare notifications
- Determine appropriate authority levels
- Identify approved counsel and vendors
- Provide training to the team.
Expert vendor partners
As industry leaders in claims handling and risk management, we recognize the value of employing the best specialists available. To ensure superior outcomes for our clients, we retain and work with fully-vetted vendors for covered services, including, but not limited to:
- Forensic data investigations
- Public relations and crisis management
- Credit monitoring
- Special litigation counsel.
Supporting clients with exceptional cyber liability capabilities
We minimize liability exposures by containing costs, providing tools that allow key decision makers to respond effectively to a cyber-related event, and assisting clients in regaining the trust of the community to preserve their image, reputation, and profitability. Some of the key capabilities we use to do this include:
- Handling first- and third-party claims based on coverage and exposures
- Resolving claims in a prompt and cost-effective manner through a pre-established, comprehensive claims process from intake to resolution
- Ensuring regulatory compliance in accordance with state and federal law
- Hiring and training dedicated claims professionals — capable, licensed, and scalable staffing
- Retaining and working with fully-vetted vendors, such as forensic data professionals who develop cybersecurity and remediation plans
- Avoiding and mitigating litigation with an experienced team of attorneys that specializes in the management of breach counsel and the firsthand negotiation of claims
- Providing innovative proprietary decision-support tools and resources, such as Luminos, to capture, analyze, and store data from claim events.
Make Gallagher Bassett your partner for cyber and tech E&O liability claims management
Find out how we can help you provide an effective response to a cyber event, minimize your risk exposures, and provide you with actionable insights to drive superior claims outcomes.