Guiding religious organizations through risk exposures
Gallagher Bassett began its service to religious and faith-based organizations working with the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago following a tragic 1958 primary school fire that killed 92 students and three nuns. The losses took a toll on the community and the parish.
Committed to helping the community and ensuring such a tragedy would never occur again, Gallagher Bassett worked with the Archdiocese to inspect all other buildings within the parish for safety and created a new collaborative model of insurance and claims handling. Since then, we've expanded our religious and faith-based solutions worldwide.
Today, faith-based organizations face many different risk exposures. Our dedicated team works with leaders to identify and discuss potential hazards — from everyday incidents like slips, trips, and falls, to concerns about sexual abuse and active shooter scenarios — and develop plans that mitigate risks and protect congregations, volunteers, board members, and employees.
Some of the entities we serve include:
- Houses of worship, including mosques, temples, and churches
- Private and parochial elementary, middle, and high schools
- Colleges, universities, and boarding schools
- Administrative functions for religious communities and clergy
- Faith-based social service agencies and charities
- Faith-based nursing homes and centers for the disabled.
Our experience in the religious sector
By the numbers